Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wisconsin Dells 2011

We had a great little family getaway to the Dells this week. We went horseback riding at Ashly's request. All four of us really enjoyed it. Christopher rode with Chadd. There was one point where the horses started galloping and my saddle and I started to fall off! The whole tour group had to stop and the guide had to help me get the saddle back up straight. Only me! Other than that it was a nice scenic ride on a trail.







































































There's Christopher! It was hard to get good pictures because you never knew when the horse was gonna move!





















I look like a natural, right?! Ha!










Another one of Ashly's great ideas was ziplining! Ashly and I went while Chadd and Christopher stayed back. The youngest they take kids is age 4 or when the harness safely fits them. I was nervous! Ashly was pretty nervous too. We spent 2 hours doing this with 6 ziplines. The last one was a double zipline and we got to race. It was 1397 feet long and 120 feet in the air. I was sooooo nervous. I wasn't scared of the heights, I was scared of the out of control feeling. Nothing can really go wrong so it's pretty safe. I'm glad I did it. Ashly and I both agreed we would do it again. However, next opportunity I want Chadd to do it! I was trying to think of the last time I was that nervous and the only thing I can come up with was when I went to the hospital to have Christopher!





























We rode the Ducks! Boat that can go on land and water! Fun for all of us!














View from inside the duck.












Scenic Wisconsin.


































































We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge. The jet skis were Christopher's favorite! They didn't move, just to sit on and spray water.















































Last stop before we headed home was the Deer Park. We all had fun feeding the animals. There were pigs, horses, goats and lots of deer! There were white deer, black deer, brown deer, polka dot deer and deer with antlers, deer without antlers, so many deer!!! The deer were roaming around freely so there was a lot of interaction with them. Christopher loved it! He would go up to a deer, pat it on the back and say hi, then feed it a cracker. So cute!!















































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment