Monday, May 11, 2009

Daddy's boy

Here's some of Chadd's favorite things...his "toy" and his son. Soon Christopher will be tearing around on that thing, right!


Well, I went back to work. Nothing really changed. It's the same as I left it so I had no trouble jumping right in. It's like "riding a bike" as they say. Yep, only back three days and I've already been yelled at by doctors and nurses...just like old times. Nothing I did personally, they just like to treat the lab like crap. Just remember that, if you are ever in the hospital, the lab staff is just doing their job, we aren't well respected. I was also sad that it was the second Mother's Day in a row I had to work.


I took Christopher to the grocery store this morning and half way through he started crying, so I tried to hurry, which isn't fun. I don't like when everyone is staring at me. So I hurried and once I got all the groceries on the conveyer belt I took him out of the carseat since he was crying so hard he was coughing and choking. He settled down somewhat, but then came the task of bagging the groceries. I decided to try and hold him while I did that, and the lady next to me bagging her groceries came up to me and offered to bag my groceries for me. I obviously couldn't refuse because it was clear that I could use some help. I have to be honest, I didn't like the attention and I didn't like everyone staring at me because I'm paranoid they are thinking bad things of me, but I was dissappointed that none of the Cub workers that were just standing in their aisle (being 1130am on a Monday, the store was not real busy), not one of them offered to help me, they just stared. I don't want to be the "person that needs help" but I kinda did. Well, I'll probably never see that lady again that helped me, but I appreciated it! So thank you, whoever you are, I'll pass it on.

1 comment:

  1. I here you on the whole treating the lab like crap thing. Where I work now they higher ups really bend over backwards to cater uneccesarily to certain physicians which is even more annoying. I appreciate a good balance of helping out other hospital staff yet expecting them to do their own job. Sorry about the Cub incident. That is the reason I just started to venture out of the house with E. two months ago. At least with our move to Wisconsin we are now in the land of "every grocery store has a bagger."

    ReplyDelete