Tuesday, April 26, 2011

North Dakota Easter

Saturday afternoon we headed to Fargo for Easter with my family. This is Christopher's nap in the car.



This is me being delirious on the long ride, and playing around with my new camera!!!





We stopped at Burger King in Fergus Falls for lunch and playtime.







It's so nice of Ashly to climb up there in play land with Christopher because I would get claustrophobic.







Climbing and playing






I think he will be able to do it all himself in one more year.





Coloring Easter eggs. There were 40 eggs!!!










Christopher loved playing with not only the cats (my sister Jen has two cats: Shadow and Daisy) but the cat toys!





Here's Shadow. She is pretty old so running away from Christopher was not an option, instead, she just kind of tucked her head down until he went away!











This is Chadd's special photography piece: jalapenos! We had salsa cheese dip with chips and a few daring ones topped it with jalapenos. I do believe Chadd loves his family, but his second love is jalapenos!







Steve: Smile!






This is Libby videotaping how dorky we are acting while mom (im)patiently waits for us to line up for our traditional 80 times a year photograph we take!





Here we are in birth order as always: Bobbi, Kathy, Jennie and Steve






Add spouses (and a little boy that wanted to be included, but is really heavy!)








My wonderful parents



Mom and dad and the grandchildren










Easter morning Christopher opened his Easter basket and he got a motorcycle and a chocolate Easter bunny. He wasn't sure what to do with the bunny. I think he thought it was a toy so he decided the bunny could ride the motorcycle. I told him it was to eat and he didn't understand - that is until I took a big old bite off the ears!!! He laughed and started chowing down!


















He ate almost the whole bunny. He has a sweet tooth for sure!















He made buddies with Bobbi's boyfriend, Ross. They played ball and remote control cars and helicopters. I guess the boys must stick together. Soon Christopher will have boy cousins to play with. Sister Bobbi is having her baby boy in May and sister Jennie is having baby boy in Aug/Sept. Yeah!!! Holidays are gonna be so much fun getting the little boys together.









And then there are the kumquats. Mom decided to buy some of these for Sunday brunch. No one had ever tried these before. It tastes just like you are eating an orange peel. Are you supposed to peel these tiny things or eat them whole? That was the question. Either way, one was enough for me, but Chadd thought they were kinda fun.





























And on our way to the car to go home......this picture melts my heart! I love my boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment