Saturday, June 19, 2010

Three Special Dads

I am so lucky to be able to do this blog today. I have three special fathers in my life and I am so proud of each of them for being here today. Each one of these men play a very special role in my life and each of these men once fought against cancer so they could still be here to enjoy days like today. I am proud of them for each fighting with courage and strength and knowing that it was worth the fight. And not a day goes by that I don't thank God that they are here for me, for my kids and for everyone in the family. I love you guys!!!









My dad, Glen, is a strong, dependable, honorable man that has always been there for me. Now that I am a parent and I see it from this point of view - I look back and realize I did not always make the right decisions, but no matter what I did, my dad was always there to pick up the pieces and he still is. Dad -I am proud to be your daughter. I love the man you are. And I love the dad and grandfather that you are. I truly respect you and thank you for all that you have done for me, said to me, and how you have loved me.





Chadd's dad, Glen, is a great role model for Chadd. I know that Chadd sees his dad as his hero and their relationship is very special to him. Glen is a great father-in-law to me. I've enjoyed the activities we've done together and he is so proud of Christopher. Every time he sees Cman his face just lights up! He's been a wonderful grandfather to Ashly, with their secret hand shake and all!



This man right here - now this is a man that has his head on straight! I respect Chadd's decisions as a father and I can't ever thank him enough for stepping into a role that was the most important thing he could have ever done for me - and that was to become a father to Ashly when she needed one the most. He is the rock in the family when the parenting gets tough. I tend to get lost in the emotion of it all and Chadd will help ground me so we can move forward and together we can raise a wonderful daughter who will be responsible, successful and happy in her life and a son who will hopefully follow in his father's footsteps and grow up to be the kind of man his father is. Chadd - you are a wonderful father and I am glad we are a team!




No comments:

Post a Comment