Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July 2011

I was (lucky) or (unlucky) enough to work the three day weekend of the Fourth of July. Even with a busy work schedule, I was still able to have some fun during the holiday. I enjoyed hanging out with mom on Saturday evening. She, Brittany and Jordyn came to drop Ashly off who had been staying with my parents. The girls had fun in the evening at the Forest Lake Carnival and we stayed back and played in the backyard....swings, slides, water and sand! Lots of fun in the backyard.





We also had a "blast" on Sunday evening. Chadd lit off the legal type of fireworks (nothing goes up into the air!) at the end of the driveway and Christopher learned what fireworks are all about. It was precious watching him figure them out. First he was scared and ran to the other end of the driveway, but as the evening went on he started saying "more fireworks, more fireworks!" Both yesterday and today when I picked him up from daycare he asked, "fireworks?" So I think he liked them!









On the way to the big parade in Excelsior on Monday.









Ashly and Rose (aka the Statue of Liberty!)










Ashly decorated Christopher's wagon for the parade. However, it was reported back to me that he wasn't so happy during the parade. I thought he would love it, but here is his grumpy face captured!











Grumpy!













Jackie's beautiful facial art.








Rose's beautiful eagle...if there was such a thing, I would nominate Rose for the spirit award being that she was the only one that actually went all out and dressed up as the statue of liberty!










Christopher got a smiley face on his hand! Notice his shirt, Ashly and I purchased for him on our trip to Washington D.C. last year.








Here are all the kids.









Firetruck!









Eating lunch





















Big red balloon!








When I finally got to the lakehouse at 4pm...this is how I found Christopher. Thanks to Auntie Cindy for rocking and walking him to sleep!







Good nap! Dreaming of flags and fireworks, perhaps?!










Nice, relaxing, hanging out by the lake.








Floating in the water







Drinking rootbeer floats while floating in the water!















No comments:

Post a Comment